DEADLINE: 1 FEBRUARY 2017
- You can only use one material – push its use as far as you can.
- Start from first principles – heavy or light / assembled, carved, cast
- For the first few days do not allow concrete, steel, glass or timber (consider how you achieve their properties in other ways).
This work re-established the material and structural order of your project in preparation for the development of the draft project report in the coming month. We will review this work on 1 February in the department (for those back in the UK). For this session please bring the following:
- a rendered / montage elevation of part of your project. (approx. 100m2 @ 1:20/1:50)
- a hand-sized mini model of your project (or part of it) that distils the material / formal character of your project.
- 3 x precedents – one architectural, one natural/found (a forest, an airplane, a potato), and one found image/photo of
a phenomena, a situation, a texture… a painting… a print.
- some photos of your site or from fieldwork
Please pin up / display in the crit space for group discussion on Wednesday 1 Feb between 11-3